I have successfully configured a basic PKI using newpki-2.0.0-beta4.
I have 6 repositories (1 PKI, 1 REP, 3 CA, 1 RA). This is running on
Redhat 9 using mysql 3.23.58.

I thought I would try and add a KEY entity:-) Mainly because I lost a
password for a certificate I created due to an email server
failure:-(

I created the KEY entity, then logged into the PKI entity and imported
the entity signature request and signed it, added a link from it to RA
(initially it only had a link to REP).  The Configure Entity option was
disabled so there was nothing more to do there.

Started up the Server Admin and went to Import entity signature
response for the KEY repository.  This failed with :

Error sent by internal crypto #3033
Connection is down
Connection.cpp:173

plus 2 other errors #3026 (I think) regarding giving up on previous
errors.

Checking the newpki-server processes reveals they have all died.
Trying to restart them fails (even after reboot of PC). Running strace
reveals a seg fault in one of the processes. Is the KEY repository
meant to work at present?  If so, what have I done/not done here:-)

I can recover from this (admittedly using a rather brute force and
potentially untidy method) by deleting the key entity database and the
relevant key store row in the entity_list table of the newpki_server
database.

I have not been able to trace the problem further. I have the debug
level set to 4 and I cannot see anything regarding the failure in
the log. If I can help with debugging, please let me know and I will
do my best to try and assist.

As an aside, I have found a couple of places where the option to save
a certificate to a file does not add any suffix to the file (eg .cer).
An example of this is in the CA repository, where if you show a
certificate details then click on Save certificate, the .cer suffix is
not added. I presume it probably should be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++
EML Consulting Services Pty Ltd        Telephone: +61 3 9836 1999
417-431 Canterbury Road                Facsimile: +61 3 9836 0517
SURREY HILLS, VICTORIA 3127            Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++

_____________________________________________________________________
NewPKI                                          http://www.newpki.org
User Support Mailing List                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to