Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

--- On Wed, 9/24/08, Federation for American Immigration Reform [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

Senate Wants to Punt on E-Verify
Two Days Left to Demand a 5 Year E-Verify Reauthorization
E-Verify is in true jeopardy right now and unless your Senators act now we are
in jeopardy of losing the basic tool that helps companies determine worker's
eligibility and weed out illegal aliens!
Our sources on Capitol Hill tell us that instead of responsibly reauthorizing
E-Verify for the necessary full five-year term, Senators are going to pander to
special interests and the Senate will only extend E-Verify for six months in a
continuing resolution (CR).  A CR is a stop-gap spending measure meant to keep
the government from shutting down after Congress adjourns since Congress failed
to pass any spending bills this session.
We understand that this agreement was meant to appease cheap labor business
interests who want to kill E-Verify — especially in the states that have made
it mandatory for their employers.  But, because they know that the American
people would not stand for Congress to kill E-Verify right before an election,
they have decided to punt this political football through the next election and
into the next Congress where they feel they will be in a much better position
to kill it or use it as a bargaining chip in a large amnesty measure.
It is outrageous that in this turbulent economy, the Senate would bow to the
cheap foreign interests and eliminate one of our most effective, efficient and
accurate work-site enforcement tools designed to keep illegal aliens from
displacing American workers.
Please understand that when you call, Senate offices will try to tell you that
E-Verify will be on the floor this week.  But what they are really talking
about is their attempt to shove E-Verify into the CR with a six month only
extension.  We need to let them know that this is unacceptable and that
E-Verify must be brought to the floor as a stand-alone bill and reauthorized
for a full five year term.
Action Items:
Call your individual Senators (202-224-3121) and Senate Majority Leader Harry
Reid's office today (202-224-3542) and tell them to bring H.R. 6633, the House
bill that authorizes E-Verify for five years, to the Senate floor.
Contact Your Senator

Learn More About FAIR

Join or Donate to FAIR

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at