Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

Kosovo changed a lot with the crisis of 16 - 19 March 2004. As the international community and Kosovos politicians were surprised by the outburst and scale of violence, Kosovo faced tragic days in which the minority communities and - in the end - all communities lost.

This edition of the Newsletter of the "Assembly Support Initiative" reflects upon the March crisis, and gives the analysis of various Kosovo and international actors, in particular Members of the Assembly of Kosovo. Information on support programs to the Assembly and articles by Assembly Members on their work have been included as well.

As the Contact Group held in Pristina its second meeting since the crisis and as UN-administrator Holkeri prepares to leave Kosovo, we hope the information in this Newsletter will be useful to you.

The Newsletter has been published in the English, Albanian, Serbian and Turkish languages. From Monday on, these various language versions will be accessable at: http://www.osce.org/kosovo/documents/newsletter/

We are looking forward to your feed-back.

Respectfully Yours,

Franklin De Vrieze,
Co-ordinator Assembly Support Initiative.