This is all so true and how much aid do we get from foreign countries when we
have a disaster  ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.  So what else is new for no praise from
the head of our government for our good works.

It certainly would have been nice to have mentioned the American role.  Without
it, the miners would still be entombed far below.  I had already noticed much
of the significant American role, but I wonder how many others had noticed it.

Far be it for an American President to publicly congratulate (let alone even
mention) AMERICAN ingenuity and AMERICAN PRIVATE ENTERPRISE for the miracle
rescue of the Chilean Miners.

Schramm Inc. of West Chester, Pennsylvania built the drills and equipment used
to reach the trapped miners.

Center Rock Company, also from Pennsylvania, built the drill bits used to reach
the miners.

UPS, the US shipping company, delivered the 13-ton drilling equipment from
Pennsylvania to Chile in less than 48 hours.

Crews from Layne Christensen Company of Wichita Kansas and its subsidiary
Geotec Boyles Bros. worked the drills and machinery to locate and reach the
miners and then enlarge the holes to ultimately rescue them.

Jeff Hart of Denver Colorado was called off his job drilling water wells for
the U.S. Army's forward operating bases in Afghanistan to lead the drilling
crew that reached the miners.

Atlas Copco Construction Mining Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin provided
consulting on how to make drilling equipment from different sources work
together under differing pressure specifications.

Aries Central California Video of Fresno California designed the special
cameras that were lowered nearly a mile into the ground sending back video of
the miners.

Zephyr Technologies of Annapolis Maryland, made the remote monitors of vital
signs that miners wore wear during their ascent.

NASA Engineers designed the "Phoenix" capsule that miners were brought to the
surface in, and provided medical consulting, special diets and spandex suits to
maintain miners' blood pressure as they where brought back to the surface.

Oh, and Canadian-based Precision Drilling Corp. and South-African company
Murray & Roberts, drilled  backup rescue shafts in case the American rig
failed. Which it didn't.