If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

To reach our 7-day News & Views archive, go to www.citizenoutreach.com
_____________________________________

WEBCAST SYSTEM

We’ve raised $325 so far of the $2,500 needed to purchase that webcast system I wrote
about yesterday enabling us to offer more training programs to more candidates around
the country for the 2004 campaign season.  Thanks a million to everyone who has kicked
in a few bucks!

Now, I know donating money for training programs isn’t as exciting or as “sexy” as
giving money to fight illegal immigration, gun control, higher taxes, bigger
government, national health care and John Kerry...but electing the *right* people who
make decisions on our behalf at EVERY level of government is critical to holding back
the hounds of left-wing hell from our doors.  So if you haven’t taken a minute to help
us help these conservative candidates nationwide, I hope you’ll take a minute right
now to do so.

Just go to our webpage at www.citizenoutreach.com and click on the “Donate” page.
You’ll find all the information you need to either donate online to our secure PayPal
account using your credit card...or where to “snail-mail” a check.  Thanks for your
help in getting this very important project off the ground.

JUST DON’T DO EENIE-MEENIE-MINEY-MOE

As you’ll recall from yesterday’s edition, an elderly black dude down in Louisiana has
determined that chess is a racist game because whitey always gets to go first.  Plenty
of readers wrote in to remind us of the “old-fashioned” way we amateur chess players
decide who gets to go first rather than automatically deferring to the player with the
white pieces.  Here’s what ya do Mr. Ware:

Put one black pawn in one hand behind your back where the opposing player can’t see
which hand you’ve put it in.  Put a white pawn in the other hand.  Now take both hands
and hold them out over the board, being careful not to let the other player see the
chess pieces in your closed hands.  Then...now get ready, because this is the tricky
part...let the other player choose one hand by tapping it gently.  Whichever colored
pawn is in the hand the player chooses, that’s who goes first!

TAKING SEPARATION DOCTRINE WAY TOO FAR

“Air Force Academy commanders admonished cadets for using academy e-mail to tout Mel
Gibson's movie about the crucifixion of Jesus.  In an e-mail obtained by The
Associated Press, Superintendent Lt. Gen. John Rosa said the cadets' use of an academy
e-mail distribution list to encourage people to see ‘The Passion of the Christ’ was
inappropriate. . . . He also admonished cadets for displaying fliers for the movie in
the cafeteria, according to the e-mail sent Wednesday.  At least one academy graduate
complained to Rosa that the students' e-mail was insensitive to cadets who are not
Christians, Academy spokesman Johnny Whitaker said.”

- Associated Press, 3/5/04

KOMMIES FOR KERRY

“John Kerry has picked up an endorsement of sorts, from Kim Jong Il, the lunatic
communist dictator of North Korea, the Financial Times reports: ‘In the past few
weeks, speeches by the Massachusetts senator have been broadcast on Radio Pyongyang
and reported in glowing terms by the Korea Central News Agency (KCNA), the official
mouthpiece of Mr. Kim's communist regime. . . . Rather than dealing with President
George W. Bush and hawkish officials in his administration, Pyongyang seems to hope
victory for the Democratic candidate on November 2 would lead to a softening in US
policy towards the country's nuclear weapons programme.’  Oh well, things could be
worse for Kerry. At least Al Gore hasn't endorsed him.”

- James Taranto, Best of the Web, 3/5/04

SHOW US THE RECORDS

“Reading the account of John Kerry’s three Purple Hearts and the Silver Star action,
being a former officer who served with the 4th ID Artillery in Vietnam I would like to
see the medical reports for the Purple Hearts. For the Silver Star, I would like to
see the Sitrep and After Action Reports and eye witness statements for the award.
Based on what I read on the Silver Star he should have been reprimanded for extremely
poor judgment unnecessarily putting his crew, boat and himself in danger.”

- News & Views reader Stan Spolski

STEPPING ON POSTAL REFORMER’S TOES

“(Japanese) Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi went on the defensive Friday after posts
minister Taro Aso voiced anger at being bypassed in a decision to appoint a postal
privatization minister. . . . On Tuesday, Koizumi told reporters of his plans to
appoint a special minister in charge of privatizing the nation's postal services,
although Aso is the minister who oversees mail delivery, postal savings and postal
insurance operations.

“At a regular news conference Friday morning, Aso indicated he was displeased at the
plan, saying, ‘Nothing has been explained to me yet.’  Koizumi rushed to patch things
up, noting that Aso himself is now a reformist who advocates the postal privatization
initiative.”

- The Japan Times, 3/6/04  (Don’t you just wish President Bush would appoint a “postal
privatization” czar here in the U.S.?)

PRICE-CONTROLLED DRUGS

“On February 5, two U.S. Senators, Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine),
introduced legislation allowing the federal government to directly negotiate drug
prices with private drug companies. The legislation, called the ‘Medicare Enhancements
for Needed Drugs Act,’ also takes steps to legalize the importation of drugs from
Canada and penalize drug companies that limit their exports to Canada.

“This bill is just plain politics. The ink is barely dry on the Medicare Prescription
Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act, which President Bush signed on December 8,
and already liberal Democrats and liberal Republicans are trying to score
election-year points by promising voters something for nothing. In this case, they are
promising cheaper drugs for seniors that are just as safe and effective as the drugs
they are buying today. It's a promise they can't keep.”

- Joseph Bast of the Heartland Institute

MEMOGATE UPDATE

The brouhaha over those leaked Judiciary Committee memos showing Democrat collusion
with left-wing special interests to block the president’s judges continues on a
slow-burn (see tomorrow’s DC Confidential for how WE’RE being pulled into this mess).
But why is Sen. Hatch more focused on how the memos were obtained than the ethical
violations and lawbreaking indicated by the CONTENT of the memos themselves.  Read a
“Memogate” update in the Wall Street Journal, including passages from some of the more
outrageous memos here:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110004779

HMMM...ISN’T MARRIAGE AN INSTITUTION?

“…(L)aws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As
that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths
discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances,
institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times.”

- Thomas Jefferson

JUDICIAL ACTIVISM IS THE REAL THREAT

“We already see the [judiciary] power, installed for life, responsible to no authority
(for impeachment is not even a scare-crow), advancing with a noiseless and steady pace
to the great object of consolidation. The foundations are already deeply laid by their
decisions for the annihilation of constitutional State rights and the removal of every
check, every counterpoise to the engulfing power of which themselves are to make a
sovereign part."

- Thomas Jefferson

WINNING “HOW TO” CAMPAIGN REPORTS

Quick, down-and-dirty "how to" reports on specific aspects of political campaigns and
grassroots organizations.  Written primarily for beginners with little or no
experience, but certainly chocked full of tidbits and hot tips to benefit even the
most seasoned political pro.  Generally 8-16 pages of A-Z, step-by-step instructions
to gain more votes, more money and more volunteers for your political activities
and/or campaign.

Don't expect fancy packaging with a lot of bells and whistles.  Just solid, up-to-date
how-to information you can put to use IMMEDIATELY.  Nobody provides better, more
useful, practical information as quickly and inexpensively as these babies.  Stock
up.  Build a library.  Heck, become a bona fide political guru yourself!  Go to
http://chuckmuth.com/specialreports.htm to check out our ever-growing library of
winning publications!

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439
Washington, DC 20003-4303
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To be REMOVED, go to:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/remove/default.cfm

Or send your request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]