If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

To reach our 7-day News & Views archive, go to www.citizenoutreach.com
_____________________________________

A REAL LADIES MAN

“No wonder (John Kerry’s) so popular with the ladies. John Edwards may have been cute,
but Kerry has more positions than the Kama Sutra.”

- James Taranto, OpinionJournal.com, 3/15/04

THE PAIN IN SPAIN IS MAINLY THE TERRORISTS’ GAIN

“Clearly the terrorists prefer national leaders who will appease them rather than
leaders who will try to locate them and kill them.  This would mean that the
terrorists would much rather see John sKerry win in the United States than President
Bush.  I know that's a tough pill to swallow for the Democrats ... but the fact is
that in this presidential election they are clearly on the same side as the
terrorists.  Saying it ain't so won't work. You're just going to have to find a way to
accept it and live with it.”

- Talk-show host Neal Boortz

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

“Last Monday in Florida, (John Kerry) told reporters that, ‘I've met with foreign
leaders who can't go out and say this publicly. But, boy, they look at you and say:
'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things
like that.’  This sure sounds like news worth pursuing. Who are these foreign leaders,
and what is Mr. Kerry privately saying that makes them so enthusiastic about his
candidacy? . . . (H)aving raised the point, he ought to tell the American people
precisely who these foreign leaders are and why they want him to win.”

- “Review & Outlook,” Wall Street Journal, 3/15/04

KERRY UNGLUED

“The town meeting (in Bethlehem, PA) was contentious at times, with 52-year-old Cedric
Brown repeatedly pressing the candidate to name the foreign leaders whom Kerry has
said are backing his campaign.  ‘I'm not going to betray a private conversation with
anybody,’ Kerry said. As the crowd of several hundred people began to mutter and boo,
Kerry said, ‘That's none of your business.’ "

- Associated Press, 3/14/04

“HER”?

“Asked who would make good vice presidential material, (Hillary Clinton) refused to
answer, saying it was ‘a personal choice’ for Kerry.  ‘It's about qualifications and
chemistry. I am just going to let Sen. Kerry make that decision on her own,’ she said.”

- Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 3/14/04

NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES

“It's too bad for the Democrats that Kerry already has the nomination sewed up.  They
rushed the process, and now they've wound up with a lemon and no return policy.  I
guess they can always vote for Nader. By the way ... a great line from the Bush camp
over the weekend.  sKerry, as you know, is challenging Bush to a series of monthly
debates leading to the election.  Bush officials said that perhaps it might be a good
idea for Kerry to finish debating himself before he tries to take on the president.”

- Talk-show host Neal Boortz

SURVEY SAYS!

Are pharmaceutical companies spending too much money on advertising?  Cast your vote
by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

THE SPY WHO LOVED DEMOCRATS

“Anyone who wants to understand why the media are held in such low regard by the
public — in polls of the most respected professions we usually come somewhere between
Nigerian e-mail scammers and serial pedophiles — should consider the following
headline from an Associated Press story in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer last week:
‘Accused spy is cousin of Bush staffer.’

“The accused person is Susan Lindauer, charged with working for Saddam's intelligence
agency. . . . Before she allegedly became an Iraqi agent, Miss Lindauer spent a decade
in Washington working for four members of Congress, Peter DeFazio, Ron Wyden, Carol
Moseley Braun and Zoe Lofgren. What do these four legislators have in common?  Answer:
They all have a ‘D’ after their names. But to The Seattle Post-Intelligencer's
headline writer the salient fact about Miss Lindauer is not her 10 years of work for
the Democratic Party but the amazing revelation she is a second cousin of Bush chief
of staff Andrew Card.”

- Columnist Mark Steyn

WE’LL DRIVE OFF THAT BRIDGE WHEN WE COME TO IT

“‘Sen. Edward M. Kennedy said Saturday the Bush administration has a 'widening
credibility gap' between what it tells the American people and the facts,’ the
Associated Press reports.  Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.”

- James Taranto, OpinionJournal.com, 3/15/04

MOTHER HENS SENSE DANGER

“President Bush's mother is worried that his re-election bid could end up like his
father's losing effort, Time magazine reports.  Barbara Bush ‘does not want to see her
family go through a '92 thing again,’ a Bush campaign official told the magazine.  Mr.
Bush's wife, Laura, and his mother are increasingly questioning the agility and
management of the current president's campaign, Time said, quoting two ‘well-placed
sources.’ "

- Greg Pierce’s “Inside Politics,” 3/15/04

AMNESTY PROPOSAL DEAD IN THE WATER

“President George W. Bush announced at a festive White House ceremony his initiative
to offer guest-worker visas to millions of undocumented workers, the proposal lies
buried on Capitol Hill -- and with it, perhaps, his hopes for more Hispanic votes.
The plan has become a lightning rod both for conservative Republicans, who lament that
it would reward lawbreaking foreigners, and for Democrats, who complain it wouldn't go
far enough to help hard-working immigrants become Americans. But it also is a victim
of presidential inattention, as even some allies contend.

“...Republicans say the White House underestimated the issue's unpopularity among
conservatives. ‘You should never, ever, ever reward people for breaking the law,’
Republican Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado says. ‘And no matter how many times the
president says it's not amnesty, that's exactly what it is.’ Only record federal
spending has riled grass-roots activists more, Republicans say.”

- Wall Street Journal columnist Jackie Calmes

THE GLUE THAT HOLDS THE RIGHT TOGETHER

“Low taxes are the central linchpin of conservatism.  It's possible to disagree about
abortion, gay rights or the proper level of military spending, but we can't disagree
about our one unifying message as conservatives."

- Steve Moore, president of Club for Growth

SIZE MATTERS

“When I listen to liberals and journalists complain about Bush's truly outrageous
runaway spending, they make it sound as if runaway spending would be fine if we had a
balanced budget. I don't want a huge federal government because I don't want a huge
federal government, not because we're borrowing too much money.”

- Columnist Jonah Goldberg

STAGE SET FOR POST OFFICE OVERHAUL

“The Senate approved an amendment during debate on its fiscal year 2005 budget last
week to set aside funds to enact comprehensive postal reform legislation.  Sponsored
by Governmental Affairs Committee chair Susan Collins, R-ME, and Sen. Tom Carper,
D-DE, the amendment would establish a reserve fund to be used in bringing the bill to
the Senate floor.  ‘This amendment puts the Senate on notice that we intend to move a
postal reform bill this year,’ Collins said.”

- DM News, 3/15/04

INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING...NOT

“A scientist dubbed the ‘Safeway poisoner’ and jailed for trying to poison his wife
has been employed by a British university to lecture students on ethics, the
institution said on Thursday.  Paul Agutter served seven years of a 12-year sentence
for attempted murder after he laced his wife's gin and tonic with deadly nightshade in
1994 and then tried to cover his tracks by spiking drinks in a Safeway supermarket.”

- Reuters, 3/12/04

HOT OFF THE PRESS

New special report for candidates and party leaders:  “One-on-One Fundraising: How to
Raise Major Money from Major Donors.”

You'll learn:  The six key rules to successful major donor fundraising, the two key
groups novice candidates mistakenly turn to first which almost always lead to
disappointment, the eleven traits of the typical conservative donor, the best and
worst places to look for potential major donors, a dangerous legal trap your campaign
better take steps to avoid, the two pieces of paper you must have before asking for
your first major dollar, the Top Ten questions you better be prepared to answer from
major donor prospects, the twelve most-common budget items for a typical campaign, an
old salesman's rule that you should learn and perfect, how to overcome the biggest
problem getting your foot in the door of Mr. Big, the single best use for a finance
committee (Hint: it's NOT to raise money for you), the eight best types of people you
want to have represented on your finance committee, the one thing you should always
ask for AFTER you've gotten the donation and the single most important thing for you
to NEVER forget.  All for just $4.95.

Go to:  http://chuckmuth.com/specialreports.htm

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439
Washington, DC 20003-4303
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To be REMOVED, go to:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/remove/default.cfm

Or send your request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To make a secure PayPal contribution to Citizen Outreach, go to the “Donate” page at
www.citizenoutreach.com.