If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

___________________________________

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

Rep. Chris Cannon (R-Tijuanna) really takes the cake.  He’s exactly the kind of guy
who gives politicians their lousy reputation.  He’s the Joe Isuzu of Republican
politicians.  And anyone who’s ever talked with this guy for more than five minutes
knows he’s more than a little squirrelly; the wheel’s turning, but the hamster’s dead.

Cannon’s primary battle with Matt Throckmorton comes on Tuesday.  Here’s what we
expect will be the last issue of “Cannon Fodder” before the election, including:  How
his staff was caught trying to stuff the ballot box in an online poll, his bizarre
connection to the Moonies, more fallout over his solicitation of illegal contributions
from illegal aliens...including an official FEC complaint which was filed this
week...more on those lawsuits filed by workers who Cannon stiffed out of wages, his
illegal alien amnesty proposals and where his campaign cash is coming from.  Catch it
all today on our News & Views EXTRA page at:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm.
_____________________________________

DEAR DADDY…

As Father’s Day approaches, those of you with family and friends serving overseas who
have little ones back here missing the heck out of ‘em will thoroughly enjoy a “Dear
Daddy” audio/video tribute to our Armed Forces which can be found at:
http://home.insightbb.com/~armedforcestribute/

WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

Every day there are news reports about more deaths.  Every night on TV there are
photos of death and destruction. Why are we still there?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but
trouble. Why are we still there?

Many of our children go there and never come back. Why are we still there?

Their government is unstable, and they have sporadic leadership. Why are we still
there?

Many of their people are uncivilized. Why are we still there?

The place is subject to natural disasters, from which we are supposed to bail them
out. Why are we still there?

There are more than 1000 religious sects, which we do not understand. Why are we still
there?

Their folkways, foods, and fads are unfathomable to ordinary Americans. Why are we
still there?

We can't even secure the borders. Why are we still there?

They are billions of dollars in debt, and it will cost billions more to rebuild, which
we cannot afford. Why are we still there?

It is becoming clear...

WE MUST PULL OUT OF CALIFORNIA!

- Forwarded by a number of News & Views readers

******************************
SURVEY SAYS!

Should the Star Spangled Banner be replaced by God Bless America as our national
anthem?

*  Yes
*  No
*  Not Sure

Cast your vote by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

*******************************
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUBBA’S BOOK

“Former US president Bill Clinton said he had an affair with intern Monica Lewinsky
‘just because I could’.  In an interview to promote his new book, Mr. Clinton told how
his ‘terrible moral error’ nearly destroyed his family.  But he insisted that attempts
to remove him from the White House following the affair were illegitimate, and
fighting those attempts was a ‘badge of honour’.”

- PA News, Scotsman.com, 6/17/04

AMEN & HALLELUJAH!

“This nation would be better off if responsible parents would all make a vow to remove
their children from government schools as soon as practicable.  Nothing good comes
from turning your children over to the government to be educated.”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz

SPEAKING OF GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS…

Do you remember Rob SantaCroce, the principal at Sparrow Point High School in
Baltimore County, Maryland, who the Washington Times reported back in early May was
blocking the formation of a Teenage Republican Club on his campus?  Well, the man is
now telling a local paper that the whole brouhaha was just a “misunderstanding” and
that the Washington Times got it completely wrong.  The Dundalk Eagle kept the dispute
alive on Wednesday in a follow-up story.  Here’s the part of the story referencing all
you trouble-makers…

“Meanwhile, at least one person took (Washington Times reporter Sean) Salai's article
at its word: Chuck Muth, a professional political consultant and the president and CEO
of Citizen Outreach, a ‘limited-government public policy organization…  Muth, a Middle
River resident, sent out a ‘brush fire alert’ to site members, he said Monday. The
alert included a link to The Times story and SantaCroce's contact information. . . .
Messages by the hundreds began arriving immediately, SantaCroce said - some of them
sent the same day The Times article was published. They came from as far as San Diego
and Seattle.”

I also told the reporter that if the Times prints a retraction or correction to its
story, I’d be happy to do the same.  You can read the rest of the Dundalk Eagle
article by going to
http://dundalkeagle.com/articles/2004/06/16/news/more_news/news08.txt.

And speaking of incorrect information…

ABOUT THE WW II MEMORIAL

John McCaslin of “Inside the Beltway” corrected a story he did on June 4 regarding the
World War II memorial which recently opened on the Mall in Washington, DC.  McCaslin
reported that the words “so help us God” had been deleted from a sentence pulled from
President Roosevelt’s “Infamy” speech which had been inscribed on the memorial.
However, McCaslin noted in his column yesterday that it wasn’t that those four words
were omitted from the sentence...but that the entire sentence which included those
words was omitted.  A different passage from that speech is inscribed instead,
according to a spokeswoman for the memorial.

“SONOFABITCH” VS. BOBBY KENNEDY

“Mr. Reagan had been governor of California for only four months when in May, 1967 he
was invited to appear on a CBS program called ‘Town Meeting of the World’ to discuss
the Vietnam War. For a full hour Mr. Reagan effectively parried questions and insults
hurled at him by a panel of foreign students sitting in a London TV studio...

“But the highlight of the evening was Mr. Reagan's debate with Senator Robert F.
Kennedy, one of the most important Democrats in America. Historian Steve Hayward notes
that ‘you will look in vain in any of the liberal biographies of Robert Kennedy for a
single mention of his debate with Reagan, which even Kennedy realized he had lost to
the Gipper.’ Richard Shenkman, the author of Presidential Ambition, notes that as he
was leaving the TV studio, Bobby growled at his aide Frank Mankiewicz, ‘Don't ever put
me on with that sonofabitch again.’ "

- John Fund, Political Diary, 6/10/04

STEMMING STEM CELL RESEARCH

“President George W. Bush on Tuesday defended his policy of strictly limiting stem
cell research, despite pressure to reconsider after former President Ronald Reagan
died of complications from Alzheimer's disease.

“...In a policy unveiled in August 2001, Bush said he would allow U.S. federal funds
to be spent only on the 60-or-so existing stem cell lines whose embryos had already
been destroyed, meaning there was no chance of life emerging from them.  There is
debate over how many of those lines are usable. Scientists also say the policy
seriously curtails research.

“Stem cells are primitive cells that have the ability to transform themselves into
many other types of cells. They offer the potential of regenerating damaged organs or
tissue. A stem cell line is a reservoir of stem cells derived from a single human
embryo.  Many scientists believe stem cells hold promise for treating brain diseases
such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's as well as ailments such as spinal cord injuries
and diabetes.

“In a speech in May, former first lady Nancy Reagan made an impassioned public plea
for Bush to change his policy. She has also lobbied behind the scenes to try to get
the administration to reconsider.  A letter signed by 58 of the 100 U.S. senators
mailed the day before Reagan died also called for a shift in the stance on stem cell
research.”

- Reuters, 6/15/04

LESSONS WE LEARN AT HOGWART’S

“The Harry Potter series appeals to so many children (and, incidentally, adults)
because…it shows a world in which happiness can be achieved, villains can be defeated,
and the means of success can be learned. When my seven-year-old races around the
dining room table swathed in an old bathrobe, with a broomstick made of a mini-blind
wand and cardboard, she is not expressing an interest in witches or the supernatural.
Rather, she is trying on the personality of an independent, courageous, intelligent
individual who conquers evil. She is enthusiastically endorsing a positive philosophic
perspective on herself and on the world.

“...What crucial need does the Harry Potter series fill? In a culture where fear and
cynicism are too often dominant, it provides a reminder that life is good--that it is
challenging and full of exciting possibilities. The books are, in short, fuel for a
child's maturing mind. As vitamins and minerals are essential to a child's healthy
physical development, so literature with this view of the world is essential to a
child's healthy mental development. So take your child to see the Harry Potter movie,
or curl up and read the books.”

- Dr. Dianne Durante of the Ayn Rand Institute

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439