With the US "liberal media" now serving, more than ever, as a mammoth fount
of state disinformation—
pushing us toward more and ever bigger wars—Robert Parry is a journalistic
hero, giving us a vital
daily antidote to all those toxic lies.

We can't afford to lose that antidote; and so I'm asking you to help
support Consortiumnews,com,
Bob's must-read website, where you can find not only his own writings but
the work of other sharp
(and sane) observers, too, including Jonathan Marshall, Ray McGovern and
Don North.

Their work is free, but it does not come cheap; so *please *help keep that
website going, and
do it now.

MCM

------------------------------

[image: Consortiumnews.com]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6ZlwmIc%2FrtP3lvGQ5zitjC0HCXs3xUq7>
Independent Investigative Journalism Since 1995
*From the Desk of Robert Parry*
------------------------------

*From Editor Robert Parry:* When we launched Consortiumnews in 1995, our
goal was to be a site for investigative-style journalism, which has
remained our core product to this day. But – to my surprise – a number of
ex-intelligence analysts and former diplomats also were willing to
contribute their knowledge and expertise to this endeavor.

So, we developed a relationship with these former government officials,
many of whom also are part of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for
Sanity. While I realize this connection to the intelligence world worries
some readers, it is my judgment that our readership benefits greatly from
these thoughtful former insiders who know how things really work in
government, much as I have insights into the mainstream media because I
worked in it for many years.

This combination of insider knowledge and a lack of fear about being cast
outside the mainstream for telling the truth is, I think, what makes
Consortiumnews unique and why it is important that we raise enough money to
keep this almost 21-year-old project alive.

So, please contribute what you can with a donation by *credit card online*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BqpYNCFofPmaKTxBo7YO%2Fy0HCXs3xUq7>
(we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), by PayPal (our
PayPal account is named after our original email address, “consortnew @
aol.com”), or by *mailing a check*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WKRpY%2ByQytYvy9hCY3JMZC0HCXs3xUq7>
to Consortium for Independent Journalism (CIJ); 2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite
102-231; Arlington VA 22201.

We also are registered with PayPal’s Giving Fund under the name Consortium
for Independent Journalism. And, since we are a 501-c-3 non-profit,
donations by American taxpayers may be tax-deductible.

And, we are offering a special thank-you gift for those who can give $125
or more – or if you set up a recurring monthly donation by credit card or
PayPal.

You can receive a signed copy of the new edition of my second book, *Trick
or Treason,* which was originally published in 1993 and has been long out
of print. It tells the inside story of my PBS-Frontline investigation of
the 1980 October Surprise mystery (whether Ronald Reagan and George H.W.
Bush sabotaged President Carter’s Iran-hostage negotiations to ensure their
electoral victory). There is also a new “Afterword” that brings the story
up to the present day.

As part of the gift package, we are including a DVD of the Frontline
documentary, “Election Held Hostage,” the 1991 program that resulted from
the investigation.

If you wish to get this book-and-DVD thank-you gift, just follow up your
donation with an e-mail to us at i...@consortiumnews.com with instructions
on where to mail it. We’ll pay the shipping charges.

Another way to help is to buy a five-book set of my other books – *Fooling
America, Lost History,* *Secrecy & Privilege, Neck Deep* and *America’s
Stolen Narrative* – *through the Web site
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K4hWHabMJHsYxEwT53p3TS0HCXs3xUq7>*
at a deep discount price, with part of each purchase going to the fund
drive.

Thanks for your support and for making our two decades-plus of honest
journalism possible. Our work could not happen without your help.

*Robert Parry is a longtime investigative reporter who broke many of the
Iran-Contra stories for the Associated Press and Newsweek in the 1980s. He
founded Consortiumnews.com in 1995 to create an outlet for well-reported
journalism that was being squeezed out of an increasingly trivialized U.S.
news media.*

To remove yourself from this list, *
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p2ATLHqWJSHnJWg7uB%2Bygi0HCXs3xUq7>**
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sijz8WFrNTU3wcIkT3Dc5i0HCXs3xUq7>click
here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VvXCv%2Fup5pXZxeKaqFYbuC0HCXs3xUq7>*
.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Uu6mfBVpnGMsOZiSIK%2Fkii0HCXs3xUq7>

(If you have trouble with this automatic unsubscribe feature, please make
your request to be taken off the list to us directly at consort...@aol.com
and we'll take care of it by hand.)

To remove yourself from this list, *click here*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7JiVeOdi63hV7P0JUm1C0y0HCXs3xUq7>
.
To contact Consortiumnews.com, *click here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pW9EbVLZZpWrj6FaDB0H%2BF%2FmLfjNU%2BDr>*
.
[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>