The next time someone screams about how We the People were so fatally
divided and misled
by "Russia's disinformation effort" via social media (that phrase comes
from the *New York Times*,
of course), compare that juvenile scenario—13 Russians posting now and
then, and clumsily, on
Facebook—with the relentless, all-pervasive, awesomely sophisticated
propaganda juggernaut
maintained, at vast expense, by Israel to black out all unflattering news,
smear dissidents as
"anti-semites," and otherwise keep all online discussion Israel-friendly.

Thus Israel spends many millions (if not billions) as a leading
cyber-super-power—in tandem with the
USA, which leads the world in cyber-warfare (just as it does in *every
other* form of weaponry).  (While
China will no doubt eventually catch up with "us" at such covert activity,
Russia isn't even in the picture,
even though the US is now threatening to annihilate them over it.)

MCM

How Israel and its partisans work to censor the Internet
 cont...@ifamericansknew.org
<https://israelpalestinenews.org/author/contactifamericansknew-org/>  MARCH
8, 2018 [image: How Israel and its partisans work to censor the Internet]
<https://israelpalestinenews.org/israel-partisans-work-censor-internet/>

Students
<https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-programming-school-that-keeps-the-idf-running-2/>
at the
Israeli military’s Computing and Cyber Defense Academy. Israel is also
<https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4300066,00.html> “scouring
Jewish communities abroad for young computer prodigies willing to join its
ranks.”

*Numerous well funded, organized projects by and for Israel work to flood
social media with pro-Israel propaganda, while blocking facts Israel
dislikes. The projects utilize Israeli soldiers, students, American teens
and others, and range from infiltrating Wikipedia to influencing YouTube.
Some operate out of Jewish Community Centers in the U.S.*

*By Alison Weir*

https://israelpalestinenews.org/israel-partisans-work-censor-internet/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=5823ec18-39d5-42b0-b8c7-d8b542f14bd0

Recently, YouTube suddenly shut down the If Americans Knew YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/user/IfAmericansKnewVideo>. This contained 70
videos providing facts-based information about Israel-Palestine.

People going to the channel saw a message telling them that the site had
been terminated for “violating YouTube guidelines”—implying to the public
that we were guilty of wrongdoing. And ensuring they didn’t learn about the
information we were trying to disseminate.

When we tried to access our channel, we found a message saying our account
had been “permanently disabled.” We had received no warning and got no
explanation.

After five days, we received a generic message saying YouTube had reviewed
our content and determined it didn’t violate any guidelines. Our channel
became live once more.

So why was it shut down in the first place? What happened and why?

As it turns out, Israel and Israeli institutions employ armies of Internet
warriors—from Israeli soldiers to students—to spread propaganda online and
try to get content banned that Israel doesn’t want seen.

Perhaps like our videos of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces.

*snip>*