Not to sell its products, but to *own the press.*

MCM

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/03/12/the-deeper-reason-for-drug-ads-on-television/

The deeper reason for drug ads on television
Posted on March 12, 2018
<http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/03/12/the-deeper-reason-for-drug-ads-on-television/>
 *by Jon Rappoport <http://www.dcclothesline.com/author/jon-rappoport/>*

Television viewers are inundated with drug ads from Big Pharma. It’s a
flood.

Have you ever heard of these drugs? Otezla
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1XQKtpsQ8>, Xeljanz
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zHJhDTSyPE>, Namzaric
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYQCH2PMEc>, Keytruda
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR_OfMnimP8>, Breo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuaxmAop5Jw>, Cosentyz
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2bZRIJ2ug>? Not likely. If you have, do
you know what conditions they treat? Highly unlikely. But there they are,
splashed in commercials.

Why? Who is going to remember to ask their doctor whether these and other
obscure meds are right for them?

What’s going on here?

The answer is: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT DRUGS ARE BEING ADVERTISED.

If Pharma can pay enough TOTAL money for ads, for ALL drugs, and dominate
the allotted TV time for commercials, it can control the news—and that is
exactly what it wants to do.

Pharmaceutical scandals are everywhere. Reporting on them, wall to wall,
isn’t good for the drug business. However, as an industry ponying up
billions of dollars for TV ads, Pharma can limit exposure and negative
publicity. It can (and does) say to television networks: If you give us a
hard time on the news, we’ll take our ad money and go somewhere else. Boom.
End of problem.
*snip>*