Title: WPAA MONTHLY NEWS

WPAA MONTHLY NEWS-LETTER
NEWSLETTER MAY 2005

Dear Pantnagar alumnus,

 We are sorry that because of some unavoidable reasons from my side, I was not able to put my best efforts on starting this newsletter. Now I hope that this newsletter will be on time. We have lot of news from many people from all over the world,

write to us at:

Vibhu S. Jain and Neha Doorwar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

WPAA activity and list of new members joined :

Category: Author Subject Date Details
Job Openings Hridyesh Pandey Job at Kerala Agricultural University in Agriculture/ Agril Engg/ HomeScience etc May 12, 2005 Please find enclosed herewith information on the job opportunity in Kerala Agricultural University. Last date for submission of form submission is 5th June 2005 For details check www.wpaa.org
Achievements R Bhat College of Technology, Pantnagar is a lead institution in Uttaranchal state May 10, 2005 It is our great pleasure to inform you that College of Technology Pantnagar has become lead institution in state of Uttaranchal for providing excellent quality in engineering education.
http://uatechedu.ac.in/teqip.html
GBPUAT - now and then Gajendra Singh Former VC, Dr. D P Singh passed away May 05, 2005 Dr D P Singh was VC at Pantnagar for nine years (1965-1974).

For details check www.wpaa.org

GBPUAT - now and then Prateek Agarwal AlumniCell Coordinator All College of Technology alumni please register Apr 30, 2005 College of Technology is upgrading its alumni database. Please register at
www.alumnicell.gbpuat-tech.ac.in
Job Openings  Mukund kumar Opening for a Senior Food Technologist Apr 30, 2005 we have the following opening for a Senior Food Technologist

For details check www.wpaa.org

Get Together Ajay Bhutani BOYS BE IN TOUCH Apr 15, 2005 MUMBAI WPAA ALUMNI MEET, contact 9820656216
GBPUAT - now and then P.G. Biswas Extension of the VC Pantnagar Apr 14, 2005 Dr. P.L. Gautam, the present Vice-Chancellor of the University has got extension for another term of 3 years i.e. June 2005 to June 2008.
Job Openings  Brijesh Srivastava JRF Position in Sponsored project Apr 13, 2005 North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology
Nirjuli – 791109 Itanagar For details check www.wpaa.org
Achievements Vivek Singh HCL Tech appoints Nayar as president Apr 08, 2005 HCL Technologies has appointed Vineet Nayar (a Pantnagar Alumni) as President. He will be responsible for HCL's Software & Infrastructure business
GBPUAT - now and then Shubham Gupta Need your info to update university alumni database Apr 08, 2005 For details check www.wpaa.org
Achievements  R Bhat  Dr. Mukesh Verma, Msc. Pantnagar becomes director in Cancer Research, NIH Apr 08, 2005 Verma Appointed Acting Chief of Analytic Epidemiology Research Branch For details check http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/Bulletins/Jan3105.html
Achievements  R Bhat Pantnagarian receives funding Mar 29, 2005 Dr. Ramesh Gupta, Bsc Vet and Msc Vet Pantnagar receives funding for work on Alzheimers
Job Openings Hridyesh Pandey Required Four Agro Managers for a leading Mar 29, 2005 For details check www.wpaa.org
General  Shishir Narain Contact details of Agril Engg 92-96 Mar 22, 2005 The latest contact details of Agril Engg students 1992-96 batch is maintained at
http://www.geocities.com/shishirn75
GBPUAT - now and then  Suresh Baliyan Need financial help Mar 14, 2005 I am working on energy creation, I need for that financial help. This article published in The general science journal, Canada 2005.
http://www.wbabin.net/comments/baliyan.htm
Achievements Hridyesh Pandey Dr. NPS Shirohi (Principal Scientist, IARI, New Delhi) Mar 13, 2005 Veteran Pantnagarian and Principal Scientist, Dr. NPS Shirohi was awarded by 39th ISAE convention for his services provided in the field of Green House systems.
On behalf of Pantnagarian I wish to congratulate him on adding one more feather to his cap
Job Openings Manoj Gupta  Wipro Infotech Mar 07, 2005 For details check www.wpaa.org
Achievements Abhinav Mishra Mr P.K Nair Mar 01, 2005 GAINESVILLE, FLA.---P.K. Nair, a distinguished professor of agroforestry at the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, and his former graduate student, John Bellow, have been selected by the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO)

We welcome all the new WPAA members and we hope that we will get some good news, stories and incidents of Pantnagar life from you soon, in the columns:

Name Batch College Location
A K Singh 1988 Technology TX, USA
Abhinav Mishra   Veterinary Sciences Uttaranchal, India
Abhinav Rajawat 2000  Technology India
Aditya Joshi 2001 Technology uttaranchal, India
Aditya Joshi 2001 Technology India
Ajay Goyal 1990 Technology NH, USA
Ajay Varshney 1992  Technology UP, India
Alok Sahai 1977  Technology Ontorio, Canada
Anju Singh 1997 Veterinary Sciences Wisconsin, USA
Ankit vivek 2000 Technology punjab, India
Anoop Kumar   Technology UP, India
Apul Jain 2000 Technology India
Apurv Pandey 2001 P G Studies Uttaranchal, India
Atin Srivastava 1996 Technology New Jersey, USA
B Pandey 1985 Technology New Delhi, India
Chandan Kar 2001 P G Studies ORISSA, India
Deepak Agrawal 1986  Technology a.p., India
Deepak arya 2002  Technology delhi, India
Deepak kalkoti 1997 Technology Delhi, India
Deepak Pant 2000 Technology India
Ganesh Parihar 1997  Veterinary Sciences Uttaranchal, India
Gaurav karnatak 2001  Technology  India
Harikumar Nair 1983 Agriculture Saskatchewan, Canada
Hema Rastogi-Verma 1987 Home Science U.P, India
Hemant Kanyal 2000  Technology Uttaranchal, India
HEMANT PATNAIK 1988 Agriculture Alberta, Canada
Indra Mishra 1986 Technology U.P., India
Janeth sonoh 2005  CBSH abidjan, Argentina
Kumar Gaurav   ABM India
Manish kumar 2001  Technology uttaranchal, India
Manoj     ABM India
Md khan 1992 CBSH   U.P., India
Mohammad Naseem 1999 Technology  India
Naveen Bisht 1997 CBSH New Delhi, India
Navneet 2000  Forestry, Ut, India
Neeraj Bhatt 1996  Technology NJ, USA
Neeraj Goel 1985 Technology Gujarat, India
Nirmal Tripathi   ABM India
Nitendra chaturvedi, 1992 Technology Uttarpradesh, India
Nitin Gupta 2000 Technology Missouri, USA
Pankaj bhatt 2003 CBSH  uttranchal, India
Prateek Agarwal 2002  Technology Uttaranchal, India
Priyank Bhardwaj 1999 Technology maharastra, India
RAJEEV VERMA 1990   Technology UTTRANCHAL, India
Samyabrata mukherjee 2002  Technology west_bengal, India
Sanjay singh 1994 Technology PA, USA
Sanjiv misra 1982  Technology ON, Canada
Saun Prabha 1996 Technology New Delhi, India
Shivendra duklan, 1997  Technology uttaranchal, India
Shubham Gupta   Technology India
Shubhra Joshi 1991 CBSH UP, India
Shyam Laddha 1971  Agriculture Maharashtra, India
Shyamananda Ngangbam 1992  Technology Meghalaya, India
Siddharth fartyal 2002 Technology uttaranchal, India
 Srinivas Maddala 1983 P G Studies Maharashtra, India
SUDHIR KUMAR Singh 1995 Technology Delhi, India
Suresh Baliyan 1998 Technology India
SURESH TIKOO 1973  Veterinary Sciences Saskatchewan, Canada
Surinder Negi 1975 Technology UP, India
Trijya Sharma 1990 Veterinary Sciences Maharashtra, India
Trivani Prasad Singh 1984 Technology Uttaranchal, India
Vishal dixit 2003  CBSH Uttaranchal, India

WPAA NEWS-LETTER is new section of Worldwide Pantnagar alumni association. This section will cover following topics:

1.
PANTNAGAR'S PROUD : In this section every month we will put the details of any old Pantnagar alumni, who is doing great in his/her field, about his/her life, memories of Pantnagar, some old memorable photographs of Pantnagar and so on....We invite you to send your details and any of your old friend's details.

2.
Khati Mithi Yaadein : Hey! This is the section in which you can put your fights and your friendships, some great incident happened with you in pantnagar, which you can not forget and want to share with all of us. so write us...

3.
We Two and our Love: This is a great section for those,who got not only their degree from Pantnagar, But also got their life partner from this great place, We invite you to send your family photographs and kaise hua ye pyar apko hume bhi bataiye na....

4.
Unforgetable face: When ever we are alone, we miss someone, and that someone is very close to our heart, We all have some close friends, so this section gives you an opportunity to acknowledge such unforgettable faces. So why you should not acknowledge them, So write to us.....

5.
My family : What you got after leaving Pantnagar? One of the most important thing which have now- Our family, So please introduce your family members to all of your old friends, seniors and juniors. Please........

6.
My Ideal Teacher: This section is to give acknowledgement to those great teachers, who taught us to fight in life and to do our best in our fields, so why not we give them a thanks.

We would like to thanks all new members joined recently with us, and we hope that they will help us in getting more members by informing other fellow people of Pantnagar. Oldest alumni in our new members are Er.Salil Bhattacharya 1964 Batch Technology and Er.Sudhish Garg 1967 Batch, we would like to thanks both of to join our family, and we hope to listen some old day stories of Pantnagar from both of you in our next newsletter.

Except this lot of other sections we will start soon, We hope that you can send your mails as soon as possible to us, so that we can start this newsletter as soon as possible.
If you have any career opportunity,
You wants to start WPAA chapter,
You are interested in Alumni Get together,
and any other suggestion, We are here to listen you....

write to us at:

Vibhu S. Jain & Neha Doorwar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]