From: "Making All Voices Count" <i...@makingallvoicescount.org>
Date: Mar 8, 2017 3:13 AM
Subject: #BeBoldForChange - How we are making women's voices count
To: <cl...@e-democracy.org>

8th March 2017
[image: MAVC projects]
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=3fb8aeb109&e=8fda1d39d0>

*Over the past four years, Making All Voices Count has been fostering new
ideas for social inclusion and accountable, responsive governance. Working
with project teams across Africa and Asia, we strive to #BeBoldForChange
and make the voices of women count in the visions and processes of
governance.   Today, on International Women’s Day it is more important than
ever to think about how we avoid creating a new, digital gender divide and
what we do to fight gender-based violence, online and offline.*
*Rating post-rape services as a tool for accountability to rape survivors*
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=97c007c515&e=8fda1d39d0>

In South Africa, women’s day is celebrated on 9 August, to commemorate the
moment in 1956 when 20,000 women marched to protest against the imposition
of the infamous apartheid ‘pass laws’ which limited their freedom of
movement.

Interwoven with the evolution of South African women’s resistance is a long
history of violence against women. According to a report released today by
the Foundation for Professional Development (FPD)
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=3276722286&e=8fda1d39d0>,
South Africa continues to have high rates of rape, with few prosecutions
and fewer convictions. Learn more about what is being done to tackle rape
and gender-based violence... >
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=a26ccfb210&e=8fda1d39d0>
[image: FPD South Africa]
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=9b44e18b0d&e=8fda1d39d0>
[image: Women, Bangladesh]
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=a705086b64&e=8fda1d39d0>
*Women and the right of access to information*
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=fa01e02096&e=8fda1d39d0>

While technological advances and new systems have provided powerful
platforms for accessing open data, there has been little or no emphasis on
ensuring that women can have an equal share in open governance.

A research from the Carter Center
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=96b5c4aaf5&e=8fda1d39d0>
examines
women’s right to information in Bangladesh. It asks whether women are able
to access information with the same frequency, ease, and rate of success as
men - and why. >
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=1415440e8c&e=8fda1d39d0>
[image: Suara Kita, Indonesia]
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=0af711ec0d&e=8fda1d39d0>
*Can SMS really transform women’s inclusion in governance processes?*
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=e50a3b5b09&e=8fda1d39d0>

*"Women’s voices are still largely absent from annual planning meetings at
the village level… how inclusive can village planning be if women aren’t
included in key meetings to share their concerns and opinions?" *

In Indonesia, Suara Kita (Our Voice)
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=77ac7d8ed1&e=8fda1d39d0>
project
is making sure that women get their chance to have their say in local
government, and to do so are tackling a hugely complex issue - changing
attitudes to women’s role in public life. >
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=f00862ac91&e=8fda1d39d0>
[image: Hamara Internet, Pakistan]
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=6f2fb1d29f&e=8fda1d39d0>
*Making online spaces safe for women in Pakistan*
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=7b6dad66f8&e=8fda1d39d0>

*"There was a huge sense of freedom in being able to use technology for
myself, without restrictions – and that’s really where I started. In 20
years’ time I dream that all women not only have access to the internet,
but are not afraid of what will happen if men find out." - *Nighat Dad,
Director of the Digital Rights Foundation

With the Hamara Internet (Our Internet)
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=c64a97c207&e=8fda1d39d0>
project,
the Digital Rights Foundation sheds some light on the issue of gender-based
digital violence against women, and provides women and young girls with the
necessary knowledge and tools to protect their freedom of expression –
online and offline. >
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=5e4441047f&e=8fda1d39d0>
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=65f8862b20&e=8fda1d39d0>
Facebook
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=ddedc5a13a&e=8fda1d39d0>
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=a6e37e3c76&e=8fda1d39d0>
Twitter
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=3e87a13914&e=8fda1d39d0>
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=6cadfefc76&e=8fda1d39d0>
Website
<http://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=704d46f9e2&e=8fda1d39d0>
<i...@makingallvoicescount.org> Email <i...@makingallvoicescount.org>

Hivos · Raamweg 16 · Den Haag, Zuid-Holland 2596 HL · Netherlands

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/5goNYesCeLSdXjsiPNOftC