From:
https://www.mysociety.org/2017/04/19/heres-how-mysociety-can-help-you-during-the-2017-general-election/

Date: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM
Subject: mySociety: Here’s how mySociety can help you during the 2017
General Election
To: cl...@e-democracy.org

It’s official, there’s going to be a General Election in the UK on June 8th.

As you might suspect mySociety has lots of tools and services that you
might find useful during the campaign whether you just want to find out the
voting record of your current MP or if you’re planning on building a
website or app to cover the campaign.
TheyWorkForYou

First things first: TheyWorkForYou.com <http://ift.tt/2axWGJD> already
covers in lots of detail who your MPs are and how they voted. This should
be your first port of call so that you can evaluate your incumbent MP,
especially when you’re thinking about who to vote for next.

Over the next couple of weeks we are going to make some changes here and
there to make relevant parts of the voting record more prominent, and more
clearly explain how we calculate the voting records themselves.

If you’re planning on using the data we have in TheyWorkForYou you can
access information on UK Politicians, parliamentary debates, written
answers, and written ministerial statement via our API at
http://ift.tt/2pCLwbd <http://ift.tt/2oLSkoQ>

Tomorrow we’ll share a blog post explaining in a little more technical
detail how to access the API and some advice on how to get the most out of
the service.
MapIt

Building a service or website that covers all or part of the country and
want an easy way to let your users identify which constituency they are in?
Then MapIt is your friend.

It already powers most of our own services and is widely used by the likes
of Government Digital Services and our friends at Democracy Club.

You can sign up for for free at mapit.mysociety.org <http://ift.tt/1RtTOvO>
and if you need more calls it’s easy to upgrade to a monthly plan – you can
get 10,000 calls a month for free if you are a charity or working on an
open project – if you think you are going to be busier than that (a)
congrats and (b) drop us an email at ma...@mysociety.org
Helping Democracy Club

Speaking of Democracy Club we’re going to be wholeheartedly supporting
their efforts to crowdsource a full set of candidate data in the run up to
the election – they are gathering all of their ideas together in this
Google Doc *https://goo.gl/8WtZvc* <https://goo.gl/8WtZvc>

We had planned to make some updates and amends to the YourNextRepresentative
<http://ift.tt/2pCD9wi> service that supports Democracy Club’s
WhoCanIVotefor.co.uk <http://ift.tt/1W3FKuE> site in the *quiet period
between major elections*, ahem, but with the snap election called we’ll be
doing what we can to make the site run faster and make whatever UI tweaks
and fixes we can in the time available.

They will no doubt be looking for help in sourcing candidate data, so
please do sign up to help and find out what you can do http://ift.tt/2oLISBU
<http://ift.tt/2pvumze>

In summary and to make it easy you can find all of our relevant #GE2017
datasets and APIs here http://ift.tt/2pCRIQx

It’s not too late to let your current MP know what you think on any subject
of your choice via WriteToThem.com <http://ift.tt/1fuceao>.

And finally, don’t forget to register to vote yourself at
http://ift.tt/1yqOK3c <http://ift.tt/1l1XsIg>

*Image courtesy of Maurice on Flickr.com* <http://ift.tt/2pCy4Ep>

from mySociety http://ift.tt/2oLTv7C
via IFTTT <http://ift.tt/1bODNcb>