See:
http://po.st/ecisurveyviaDI

For all those based in the EU, I encourage you to fill out the survey and
sign up for the enewsletter from Democracy International. - Steven Clift

From: "Andreas Müller, Democracy International" <mueller@democracy-
international.org>
Date: Jun 27, 2017 3:28 AM
Subject: Help us to improve the ECI
To: "Steven Clift" <cl...@e-democracy.org>

<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3896&qid=1363807>

Dear Steven,

For years we have been working together with tens of thousands of you to
reform the European Citizens’ Initiative. Finally, we now have the chance
to influence a real change in EU decision-making processes! *But we need
your help today*.

The European Commission is finally listening to our demands. On ECI Day in
Brussels this year, the Commission responded to our plea and announced that
it will propose a reform of the ECI. *The Commission has now opened the
reform process to citizens and wants to hear your voice in an online
questionnaire.*

You supported strengthening the ECI in the past, and now we are closer than
ever to an enhanced, user-friendly and easily accessible ECI that works. *We
need your participation now more than ever.*
*Take Part In The Online Questionnaire Now
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3901&qid=1363807>*

*Because of the ECI, citizens are given a seat at the EU decision-making
table, but problems still exist.* Lack of clarity in the initiative
registration stage, complexity in collecting transnational signatures, and
lack of public knowledge of the ECI itself holds it back from realizing its
full potential.

The Commission needs your advice and asks you to share your opinions and
experiences with the ECI. *We want so many citizens to participate that it
will send a clear and powerful message to the EU that Europeans demand a
real and concrete reform of the ECI.* Continue your support for the ECI and
for direct citizens’ participation in EU decision-making by filling out the
questionnaire before this window of opportunity closes in 7 weeks.

Our webpage includes an easy to follow guide on how to complete the
questionnaire and suggested answers that are endorsed by Democracy
International
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3902&qid=1363807>,
The ECI Campaign
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3903&qid=1363807>,
Mehr Demokratie
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3904&qid=1363807>
and
ECAS
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3905&qid=1363807>
.
*Use Our Guide To Participate
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3901&qid=1363807>*

Citizen-driven democracy in the EU can be achieved, but it requires solid
reforms of the ECI to do so. *Participate in the Commission’s questionnaire
now so we can maintain strong pressure on the Commission to enhance the ECI
in a way that will improve its effectiveness and increase the likelihood of
successful ECIs.*

Best regards

Andreas Müller

Managing Director Democracy International

P.S.: *Please support our campaign for a more democratic EU with a
donation.*
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3906&qid=1363807>
Thank you.

*IMPRINT*

Democracy International is a registered organisation.
Democracy International ist ein eingetragener Verein.

Friedrich-Ebert-Ufer 52
51143 Cologne
Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 2203 102 14 75 <+49%202203%201021475>
Fax +49 (0) 2203 59 28 62 <+49%202203%20592862>

Amtsgericht Köln
VR-Nr. 17139

Follow us

<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3897&qid=1363807>
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3898&qid=1363807>
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3899&qid=1363807>
<http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3900&qid=1363807>
Unsubscribe
Click here to unsubscribe. Good bye. We hope to see you again soon.
<http://www.democracy-international.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=9382&qid=1363807&h=bc64420e10714116>
[image: Democracy International]

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/9HIhTtQwXeUc4aNqDFPI9