This is great.

From: Greg Bloom <bl...@openreferral.org>
Date: Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Subject: Socrata announces support for Open Referral
To: cl...@e-democracy.org

Yesterday we heard from Socrata that they will adopt our Human Services
Data Spec to help their government clients publish data about services.

Hi  - I hope you had a great summer. We've been hard at work with some
upcoming releases.

Yesterday, we were excited to announce that *the Open Referral format has
been adopted by Socrata*, a leading provider of open data infrastructure
for government agencies around the United States.

On our blog
<http://openreferral.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5d2fb1add57be7c39ea1d05ee&id=f4b923ba0e&e=a5c4586fd0>,
Socrata's Stuart Gano writes:

"Moving forward, Socrata will leverage our ‘Open Referral Connector’ to
help any of the hundreds of our government customers to aggregate resource
directory datasets that are stored on our portal, and transform this data
into data packages that comply with the Open Referral format."

This development will make it easier for governments to publish
standardized, machine-readable data about the services that they provide –
and fund. That can be useful not only for residents using Socrata's open
data portal itself, but also third-party referral providers who can consume
data in bulk from Socrata, and collectively reach orders of magnitude more
people.

It's one more step toward a future in which there are many accessible and
effective ways for people to find and use information about the resources
that are available to people in need.

If you or your government partners use Socrata and would like to explore a
pilot project, please be in touch!

Onward,
Greg

PS: Also on the blog, earlier this summer Kin Lane led a hackathon that
adopted an open source resource locator app to work directly from an Open
Referral API
<http://openreferral.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=5d2fb1add57be7c39ea1d05ee&id=727af6d354&e=a5c4586fd0>.
Our ecosystem is expanding! We have another hackathon later this week, and
would welcome your suggestions for actionable projects to work on.

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/48XnWqkaeWnfW3NRa9EyzB