From: "'Victoria Welborn' via PMO Network" <pmo-netw...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sep 15, 2017 3:40 PM
Subject: [PMO Network] Global Legislative Openness Week 2017 (GLOW^4)
To: "PMO Network" <pmo-netw...@googlegroups.com>

In honor of the International Day of Democracy (September 15), we are
thrilled to announce that the fourth annual Global Legislative Openness
Week (GLOW) will take place this year from November 20-30, 2017! We are
also pleased to announce micro-awards to help groups organize events for
this year’s GLOW!

Organized by members of the Open Government Partnership’s Legislative
Openness Working Group
<http://www.opengovpartnership.org/groups/legislative>, GLOW is a global
campaign to support legislative openness advocacy around the world,
highlight good work being done to encourage parliaments to develop their
own OGP National and Parliamentary Action Plans
<https://www.opengovpartnership.org/resources/ogp-process-step-2-develop-action-plan>,
and share best practices among parliaments and civil society organizations.
Broad global participation has made GLOW a success since 2014.

We will be kicking off this international campaign at OGP’s America’s
Regional Meeting in Buenos Aires
<https://www.opengovpartnership.org/events/americas-regional-meeting-encuentro-regional-de-las-am-ricas-2017>,
which will take place from November 20-30, 2017. We are also excited to
announce that this year we have even more opportunities for your
organization to participate in GLOW <http://openparlweek.org/contact>.
Keeping in tradition of using GLOW as an opportunity to co-brand your local
events or projects, and gain broader visibility for your work, we will be
making small awards to civil society organizations who are working to
innovatively keep legislatures open and transparent to help offset costs of
GLOW events. The deadline to submit your proposal is October 13, 2017.  Find
more information here <https://goo.gl/forms/KEegJkSMFDKLYnuI2>.

In the past, GLOW has featured activities organized by the Working Group as
well as the global parliamentary openness community, including in-person
meetings, advocacy initiatives, and opportunities to engage with colleagues
and contribute to projects through a series of virtual activities. In 2016,
the campaign engaged parliaments and civil society organizations in more
than 45 countries. For more information on past events, read here
<http://openparlweek.org/2016>.

The organizers encourage civil society organizations and legislatures to
organize their own parliamentary openness activities that can help
encourage their parliament’s participation in the Open Government
Partnership
<https://www.opengovpartnership.org/resources/ogp-process-step-2-develop-action-plan>.
If you are already planning a legislative openness event or project that
will be active in November, or if the idea of a global campaign inspires
you to organize something new, please email i...@openparlweek.org and let
us know what you’re planning. Suggestions and ideas for the campaign are
most welcome.

With even more ways to get involved than ever, we want to hear from you!

Please visit OpenParlWeek.org <http://openparlweek.org/> for GLOW
information, ideas, resources and regular updates; submit your proposal
<https://goo.gl/forms/KEegJkSMFDKLYnuI2> for GLOW; and follow the action at
#OpenParl17.

--

*Victoria Welborn*