So what programme comes next. In this niche as Making All Voices Count
winds down?

Steven Clift

From: "Making All Voices Count" <i...@makingallvoicescount.org>
Date: Nov 14, 2017 3:58 AM
Subject: How we are making all voices count: Stories of change from Ghana,
Indonesia and Liberia

14th November 2017
[image: MAVC]
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=cc67e91a9f&e=8fda1d39d0>

*#MakingAllVoicesCount has spent 4.5 years funding and supporting over 170
innovations and research and learning projects, with the aim of promoting
citizen voice and achieving more accountable, responsive governance.  As
the programme draws to a close, we are sharing a few stories of our
partners in Africa and Asia that have created significant change by using
#tech4gov.*
[image: Ghana]
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=3dc6fb5799&e=8fda1d39d0>
*Oil Journey: Following the money from oil revenue to improve lives in
Ghana*
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=8aecf95596&e=8fda1d39d0>

The Oil Journey project has been revealing to Ghanaians how much money the
government makes from the oil industry and how it is spent.

The team effectively communicated with 321,000 people in the greater Accra
region to make them aware of local development projects funded by
government oil revenue. They also provided the means and motivation for
over 20,000 citizens to monitor these projects and push for greater
government transparency and engagement... >
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=ccca11f8f1&e=8fda1d39d0>
*"Now we understand why we should influence the allocation of resources and
monitor the implementation. We can text, call and access the website and
ask the right questions to the duty bearers." - Hon. Emmanuel YeduSackey,
Assembly Member for Adenta Municipality*
[image: Women, Bangladesh]
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=965e616ad0&e=8fda1d39d0>
*Game My Village: Improving and inspiring village participatory planning in
Indonesia*
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=a5c9a87c6c&e=8fda1d39d0>

In Indonesia, the collaboration between village government officials and
villagers has built new relationships of trust and transparency, as a
result of the participatory decision-making that was facilitated and
mediated by the #tech4gov project Game My Village.

In four villages in the East and Central Java provinces, villagers used the
Game My Village platform to produce photography, statistics and digital
village maps that illustrate their issues of concern...
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=bb30a46b84&e=8fda1d39d0>

<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=dd99b3a993&e=8fda1d39d0>
*"The use of Game My Village emboldens the villagers to provide information
and clarification on the map and objects displayed on the platform. They
have learned that their demands must be based on data and strong evidence.
It is no longer having the loudest voice in the room that counts." -
Development Planning Official, Bojonegoro District*
[image: TIMBY]
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=79e67b03cf&e=8fda1d39d0>
*TIMBY: Evidence-based reporting of environmental crimes in Liberia*
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=9fd273ccce&e=8fda1d39d0>

Working with Liberian citizens, This Is My Backyard (TIMBY) managed to get
60 forestry utilisation contracts cancelled, highlight millions of dollars
of misspent county social development funds, and most recently unearth a
10.5 million dollar scandal, where corporate funding didn’t go through
government accounts.

TIMBY greatly enhanced citizens’ capacity and confidence to engage both
government and companies regarding their communities’ land rights,
livelihoods and resources... >
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=87781a27d2&e=8fda1d39d0>
*"When we confront the companies, we have harder evidence to show them.
They are more cooperative than they would be otherwise. Good quick data
helps us to get authorities to move faster to investigate claims." -
Sustainable Development Institute*
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=d674c1db53&e=8fda1d39d0>
Facebook
<https://makingallvoicescount.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1330db30dd9f99566ba5be55&id=43e2251984&e=8fda1d39d0>