Carl has an interesting question. Reply to:  carl@morris.cymru

From: 'Carl Morris' via mysociety-community <mysociety-community@
mysociety.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:06 AM
Subject: [mySociety-community] Video licensing by parliaments - looking for
good practice worldwide
To: mysociety-commun...@mysociety.org

Hello mySociety community members worldwide

What are the best examples where a parliament uses open licensing for
distributing its own videos (of debates, committees, etc), and gives
explicit encouragement to re-use?

I suppose the ideal licence would be one of these:
CC0
CC BY
Maybe OGL (or similar)

I've been looking at the licence used by the National Assembly for Wales
and it's a uniquely-worded affair requiring:

the material being reproduced accurately and not in a misleading context

http://www.assembly.wales/en/help/Pages/terms.aspx

This doesn't strike me as ideal for encouraging re-use, or for that matter
even remotely enforceable.

Diolch o flaen llaw / thanks in advance
--
Carl Morris
07891 927252

society.org/group/mysociety-community/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/my
society.org/d/msgid/mysociety-community/0fbbfb9e-c44b-4f25-b
470-332c36b02cd9%40morris.cymru.

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/6965Nl820RVHFzaWFPu0fP