---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Peter M. Weiss <pete-we...@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, Dec 26, 2018, 4:34 PM
Subject: fwd: What We Learned From Collecting 100, 000 Targeted…
To: <car...@ls2.cmich.edu>

Via ProPublica

https://www.propublica.org/article/facebook-political-ad-collector-targeted-ads-what-we-learned

More than 16,000 people have participated in our project to collect and
analyze political ads on the social media platform during the midterm
elections this year.

by Jeremy B. Merrill <https://www.propublica.org/people/jeremy-b-merrill>
Dec. 26, 12:39 p.m. EST <https://donate.propublica.org>

Since we launched our Facebook Political Ad Collector project in fall 2017,
more than 16,000 people have participated in it. They all agreed to install
a browser plug-in that anonymously sent us the ads they see when they
browse Facebook. We used that data to understand and report on how
political messaging on Facebook works, and how the system is being gamed to
manipulate the public discourse.

* Pete <https://www.llrx.com/author/pete-weiss/> Sr. Systems Configurator,
emeritus *