Richard Thomas wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> I did not get the original posting, do you use the correct --batch
>> option, do you use the same name for "sitename" and filename in
>> newsfeeds?

> I have been using Inn and Newsx for years without problem until I decided
> to upgrade them both when installing a new server.  I suspect it is an Inn
> 2.x related problem as although Newsx does compile and run, when running
> configure it comes up with this:
>         End result:
>         NOTE: Could not find a libinn
>         This might create problems for INN 2.x
[...]

It seems like the configure-script is slightly broken, I am using the
newsx-version shipped with Debian/GNU Linux (based on 1.4pl2, plus some
patches), which works around this problem by replacing ./configure with
a autoconf-script which does not search but has everthing hardcoded to
the locations used by Debian's inn-package ;-(
        cu andreas