From: bounce-41634266-9667...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-41634266-9667...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Magnus
Robb
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 1:47 AM
To: Michael O'Brien
Cc: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes; NFC-L
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Night Migrating Raptors

I have sometimes heard Peregrines while recording nocturnal migration,
and I know that Sergey Gashkov in Tomsk, Siberia has also recorded them.
However, there is no guarantee that these Peregrines were migrating.
Here in Portugal, our Peregrines are resident. I have also seen at least
one from the Arctic during the non-breeding season, and F p calidus are
probably regular migrants in small numbers. However, I would guess that
the sounds I have heard are from local birds interacting while hunting
numerous migrating Turtle Doves, with the help of streetlights or
moonlight.

cheers,

Magnus