I haven't been listening at night recently, but yesterday morning (Thursday, 7/23) a group of 5 YELLOW WARBLERS were flying around the treetops of our tallest Norway Maples and Norway Spruces and were repeatedly giving their distinctively ringing "zeet" flight notes. It's about that time for us, here in upstate New York, to start seeing the first movements of Yellow Warblers, southbound.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer
Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New York 14850
Voice: 607-254-2418, FAX: 607-254-2460
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp mailto:c...@cornell.edu