This message is for those of you whose email addresses were recently
added to NFC-L, at the recommendation of Andrew Farnsworth:

    Welcome to NFC-L!

    NFC-L is an email list (the List) focused on the discussion of the
    night flight calls of migratory birds.

    The primary purpose of the List is to provide an effective
    electronic forum for experienced birders to discuss the
    identification of night flight calls of migratory birds, exchange
    ideas about recording equipment design and setup, disseminate
    information about active or predicted night flights in your area,
    and to better understand weather and RADAR data as they relate to
    patterns of nocturnal bird migration.

    Initially, attachments containing limited-sized sound files,
    photographs, frame-grabs, or other documents to help further the
    discussion and shared knowledge of nocturnal bird migration will be
    acceptable and are encouraged. Be advised that attachments can also
    serve as a mode for spreading infectious computer viruses. Use
    caution when opening any attachment.

    Please take a moment to review the Welcome and Configuration
    <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_WELCOME> and the Information
    and Rules <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_RULES> pages for the
    List.

    Please also realize that the List is in its infancy. The purpose of
    the List may morph over time, as well as the guidelines and rules
    for use. The List will always have the primary focus of flight calls
    (both nocturnal and diurnal) of migratory birds.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

    Thanks and good night-listening!

Currently, the following email addresses have been added to the list,
just so you know who will be reading or contributing posts:

    c...@cornell.edu Chris Tessaglia-Hymes (Listowner)
    cth...@gmail.com Chris Tessaglia-Hymes (Alternate email)
    andrew.farnswo...@gmail.com Andrew Farnsworth
    tl...@cornell.edu Tom Fowler
    r...@cornell.edu Russ Charif
    noflicks...@gmail.com Mike Powers
    wrev...@clarityconnect.com Bill Evans
    k...@cornell.edu Ken Rosenberg
    daven1...@yahoo.com David Nicosia
    ae...@cornell.edu Anne Klingensmith
    mlanz...@gmail.com Michael Lanzone
    zugun...@gmail.com Lewis Grove
    s...@cornell.edu Steve Kelling
    mil...@aol.com Marshall J. Iliff
    heraldpet...@gmail.com Brian Sullivan
    pinic...@gmail.com Christopher Wood
    jhbirds...@hotmail.com Jessie Barry
    tcl...@gmail.com Tim Lenz
    jaegermas...@gmail.com Tom Johnson
    ddaw...@usgs.gov Deanna K Dawson

If you think there are additional persons potentially interested in or
who should be included on the list, please email me, or forward the
NFC_WELCOME link below. The list is restricted for the time-being, in
that each membership requires manual approval by me. Posting is not
moderated.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to email me, off-list.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--