Good stuff, Andrew!

A few things:

1. "Ted's clips" of Brewer's Sparrows are actually Nathan Pieplow's.

2. Interesting to compare Andrew's observations in Catron County, NM,
with observations from "up north" in Colorado. Pretty convergent, on the
whole, I would say.

3. Andrew says "presumed" Bullock's Oriole. Yeah, no kidding. It's got a
nasty suite of flight calls, some of which approach (overlap with?)
Western Meadowlark. By and large, I do not hear (presumed) Bullock's on
nocturnal migration in Colorado. Then again, Bullock's is our
molt-migration poster-child, with migrants dispersing before the summer
solstice! My impression is that they wander the Colorado grasslands
during the hot daytime hours in June and July. But by mid-August, and
down in New Mexico, they may be doing more of the nighttime thing.

4. Western Tanager. That's another nasty one. A few years ago, Will
Russell alerted me to a variant that is basically indistinguishable from
Swainson's Thrush. Also, the WesternTanager/BlackHeadedGrosbeak nexus is
nasty.

Best,
Ted

P.s. Good dawn flight audible outside my window right now. Spizellas.