As usual, I must second Ted's thoughts.  Nasty is right about this
complex - Mike Lanzone and I recorded flight calls of Black-headed
Grosbeak, Western Tanager and Bullock's Oriole in Arizona in 2005, and
the variation was staggering.  On subsequent (and previous actually)
trips to the SW, I recorded and heard on several occasions a suite of
additional calls.  Clearly much more work to do here!  Plus, what do
any of you know about Hooded/Scott's flight calls?  I presume that
they exist. . .just not aware of having heard them myself.

Thanks for clarifying about the recordings as well, Ted.  Sorry Nathan!