Funny, I got really excited by the first one (still am!), however, on this
night there seems to be a lot of them flying over. Many paired clicks like
you often hear when they are initially responding to playback, I attached
one pic. I guess it makes sense that they call during nocturnal migration
like other rails, just never had heard them in overflight before! These seem
to be moving in flocks, lots of clicks at varying distances from the mic,
neat as there is also a huge passerine movement (at least for the west) and
they are interspersed with tons of flight calls. Anyone have experience with
Yellow Rails during migration?

Talk to you all soon,
Mike

Michael Lanzone
Biotechnology and Biomonitoring Lab Supervisor
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Powdermill Avian Research Center
1847 Route 381
Rector, PA 15677