Equally interesting is the question of which passerines (and 'near-
passerines') can be sexed according to their flight calls outside of
the breeding season. I have not searched for examples in any thorough
way, although I have been recording migrants and noting sex when
possible for a long time, without noticing examples.

During spring migration, some birds may sing while passing overhead,
and depending on the species, this might be limited to males.
Limiting the discussion to flight calls, however, I can only think of
Raven as a passerine known to have at least some male- or female-only
calls throughout the year.

There are many more examples among non-passerines, eg Apus swifts,
but most passerines seem to share non-breeding call repertoire across
the sexes without noticeable differences.

I would be delighted to be shot down and shown that there are many
examples, but what are they? Alternatively, are there instances of
some passerine species where males use certain shared calls much more
often than females outside the breeding season?

all the best,

Magnus Robb