Out birding big wave of migrants!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Lanzone <mlanz...@gmail.com>
Sender: bounce-29201425-9667...@list.cornell.edu
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:52:35
To: Bill Evans<wrev...@clarityconnect.com>
Cc: david nicosia<daven1...@yahoo.com>; <NFC-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Nocturnal Calls This morning

In south central PA (Somerset) there was fairly heavy calling activity
between 10:30-12:30am. There was a fairly significat fallout during the
night early am hours of Fri/Sat here. A lot of those birds were still around
in decent numbers yesterday, and things were fairly quiet this am, so I
suspect a lot of the birds that fell out the last several days with the rain
here moved out between showers last night.

Best,
Mike

Michael Lanzone
mlanz...@gmail.com

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Bill Evans <wrev...@clarityconnect.com>wrote:

>  From 10PM-4AM last night I only recorded two "chips" (Chestnut-sided and
> Canada types) from my residence ~6 miles south of Ithaca, so I suspect
> that few of the migrants indicated on PA NEXRADs last night were making it
> this far north -- perhaps a complex fallout zone across the southern tier of
> NY and northern PA this morning.
>
> Bill E

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html