From: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 9:30 AM
To: 'Jeffrey Buler'
Subject: RE: [nfc-l] Night Migrating Raptors

Thanks, Jeff!

Also, thanks very much for providing me with the link to Zimmerman's thesis.
Interestingly, upon reviewing it, his thesis focuses more on post-breeding fall
migration and wintering habitats instead of spring migration routes. It makes
me wonder what other studies, if any, might be out there concerning their
spring migration routes and patterns of activity. This may be very important,
especially as this applies to future potential development of offshore wind
farms. If these birds make the trans-Gulf migration direct from Yucatan to the
West coast of Florida, any future offshore development could significantly
impact the population. Currently, there is *nothing* in the offshore waters
along the West coast of Florida. No drilling rigs, no seismic profiling, no
ships, nothing. We were the only vessel out there.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer