All,

I have noticed every night that the radar bird echoes are picking up more and
more
even when the winds are not that favorable. A significant cold front, the first
of this budding upcoming "cold" season, will be upon the northern U.S soon. It
will first cross the
upper Plains Saturday and by Saturday Night the mid to upper Plains should be
really good
and by Sunday night...Great Lakes will have post frontal northwest winds.  By
Monday
night...front  clears the east coast but the winds will be lighter and not have
as
much of a northerly component. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised to see
increasing
nocturnal migration in the northeast Monday Night too.

Good listening (and birding) to all...

Dave Nicosia
Johnson City, NY

ARCHIVES: