From: bounce-64376441-28417...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-64376441-28417...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Evans
Sent: September 10, 2012 19:42
To: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes; NFC-L
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Northeast US: Night Migration Tonight

I just crunched last night’s flight calls from my station in the Town Danby NY
- a few miles south of Ithaca. 487 warbler and sparrow flight calls from
9PM-5AM (21c/tseep-x). This is the high nightly total since this station began
in mid-August.

Getting late for Mourning Warbler but I did have three probables as well as a
few late Canadas. Three out of every hundred calls were from Wilson’s Warbler,
which is about as good as it gets for this species in central NY. Calls
available for download at: http://www.oldbird.org/Data/Daily.htm

Also of note last night was another solid flight down the Hudson and
Connecticut River valleys, including the first ripple of White-throated
Sparrows (down both valleys after midnight).

Bill E

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_WELCOME> Welcome and Basics

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_RULES> Rules and Information

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC-L_SubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>