A quick tip that has surely occurred to some folks, but here goes:

If you have, say, a 5-second clip and a corresponding 5-second-long sound
spectrogram, then create an animation of the sound spectrogram, 5 seconds
long, that runs from left to right. It follows the audio perfectly, and
people get to "see" the sound while they're listening to it.

Works great, and it's just 3 or 4 steps of "programming" (as if) in
PowerPoint.

Best,
Ted