I listened from 9:40-11:20 last night and things seemed slow so I went to bed.
I guess I didn't appreciate the magnitude of the flight (even though it looked
good on NEXRAD) as I ended up with 712 Thrush-X detections and 379 Tseep-X
detections over night.  Mostly Swainson's Thrush with a handfull of
Gray-cheeked Thrush.  Still a lot of analyzing to do, but so far best birds are
singing Alder Flycatcher (locally scarce migrant) and Willow Flycatcher (new
yard bird).  Only shorebird detections so far are either Spotted or Solitary.
A few of both cuckoos, but perhaps more buried in the recording that will
appear with more analysis.  Lots of Swainson's were on the ground this morning,
including singing in my yard and a half dozen singing at a nearby park.  This
is probably the last big week of migration here, but a good one so far as long
as you have a mic and don't have to try and find all these birds on the ground
:-)

Rob FergusHunterdon County, NJhttp://birdchaser.blogspot.com

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html