I recorded last night for only 30 minutes in Calvert County, Maryland, from
0610 to 0640 hrs. I had waves of call notes, sometimes 1 to 2 per second.

I'm a total beginner at this (fascinating!) endeavor and haven't had time yet
to study the file given my limited knowledge base. But I could ID that most
were Swainson's Thrushes and seemed like quite a few Gray-cheeked Thrushes
sometimes in groups ... and I'm working on the others...

Unfortunately because of the wind direction, last night's recording was
polluted with distant bridge road noise. I'm recording off a boat, which
normally gives me excellent conditions: no noise pollution, no trees, and sound
reflecting off the flat water.

Tomorrow night we'll move to a more remote, quieter, location and I have high
hopes for another push of migrants there!

Diana Doyle

-----------------------------

Last night there was a nice push of migrants southward, with the majority being
a good mix of warblers, plus Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Swainson's Thrushes and a
number of Gray-cheeked Thrushes.

The weather forecast looks good for another night of southbound migrants.

If you are in the Eastern portion of the US and Canada, have a listen if you
can.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H