From: bounce-2448219-56897...@mm.list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-2448219-56897...@mm.list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Wim van Dam
Sent: 30 January 2018 09:51
To: nf...@cornell.edu
Subject: [nfc-l] How do we know NFCs?

So as I'm starting to learn about NFCs the obvious question came to
me: how do we know what we currently know?

Do we typically infer ID features from daytime flight calls where we
can visually verify our IDs? Or are night calls too different from
daytime ones, meaning that we have/had to find other ways of matching
calls with birds (netting, night time visual observations, etc)?

Imagine somebody trying to get into NFCs in an unexplored part of the
world. How does such a person start?

Thanks.

Wim van Dam
Solvang, CA (USA)

Welcome and Basics �
http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_WELCOME<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_WELCOME>
Rules and Information �
http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_RULES<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC_RULES>
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave �
http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC-L_SubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NFC-L_SubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>

Archives:
The Mail Archive �
http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html<http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
Surfbirds �
http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NFC-L<http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NFC-L>
Birding.ABA.Org<http://Birding.ABA.Org> �
http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NFC<http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NFC>

��http://ebird.org/content/ebird/<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>
--

Please consider biodiversity and the environment before deciding whether to
print this message and any attachments.

Please submit your observations to eBird! ��http://ebird.org/content/ebird/