Hi All,

There was a mail Soumya posted a while back on fsal_grace. The original
patch that introduced fsal_grace seemed to pass everything to FSAL if
fsal_grace was true. Essentially it bypassed all grace checks in
ganesha, and passed the requests down to FSAL.

Then, fsal_grace was made to be configured in FSAL{} block. The logic
also changed a bit with the commit! Now, we do call nfs_in_grace() and
then check for fsal_grace boolean.

Here is the simplified logic for some requests:

if (ganesha is in grace) {
        only reclaims are allowed UNLESS fsal_grace is set.
        If fsal_grace is set, we allow NON-reclaim requests.
} else {
        A reclaim request is returned with NO_GRACE error (it doesn't
        matter if fsal_grace is set or not).
        non-reclaim requests allowed as expected.
}

Based on the above code, fsal_grace MAY allow us to satisfy some
non-reclaim requests under grace period. Is this its purpose?

Regards, Malahal.