Hi,

I am new to ganesha NFS.

We have a customer using ganesha and having NFSv4 exports.
The customer directory structure looks like this:
                fs1
                 /    \
               /       \
    child1        child2

1) /svr/fs1 with export having
        CLIENT {
                Clients=gclient1;
                Access_Type=RW;
                Squash=NoIdSquash;
                Protocols=4;
        }
2) /svr/fs1/child1 with export having
        CLIENT {
                Clients=gclient2;
                Access_Type=RW;
                Squash=NoIdSquash;
                Protocols=4;
        }
3) /svr/fs1/child2 with export having
        CLIENT {
                Clients=*;
                Access_Type=RW;
                Squash=NoIdSquash;
                Protocols=4;
        }

On client 'gclient1' customer does the following mount:
# mount -t nfs4 gserver:/svr/fs1 /home/gserver_fs1
# ls /home/gserver_fs1
child2

With 'ls' the subdirectory "child1" is not seen. The customer complains
that when he creates the same exports with NFSv3, then on 'gclient1' he can
see all sub-directories, but the same is not the case when he has exports
with NFSv4.

I see that having an export for the 'gclient1' for 'child1' helps, but is
that recommended.  Will it not lead to any consistency issues as gclient1
has access to its parent directory? I read somewhere that having exports
for the same client for a parent and child directory can lead to data
consistency problems.

Please suggest.

Thank you.
Madhu.