Ye, FSAL_GPFS could use openat but I want to have control over all the
calls in GPFS before it calls the VFS. Do you see any problem with the
code?
Thanks, Marc.

From:   "Frank Filz" <ffilz...@mindspring.com>
To:     "'nfs-ganesha-devel'" <nfs-ganesha-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>,
Marc Eshel/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   09/12/2016 11:42 AM
Subject:        open2 implementations

Marc especially...

I see several open2 implementations seem to be doing a lookup and then an
open2 by handle.

FSAL_CEPH needed to do this because it doesn't have openat to open a file
given a directory handle and a filename within that directory.

FSAL_ VFS can do openat, so it doesn't need to do a lookup...

I'm pretty sure FSAL_GPFS could just use openat...

I'm not sure about FSAL_GLUSTER

I'm guessing FSAL_RGW is in the same boat as FSAL_CEPH.

And FSAL_PROXY and FSAL_ZFS haven't been converted...

Frank

---