> submit a change;  I dont know if rgw needs share reservations, can we refuse
> them?

You can't refuse them... Any NFS v4 OPEN is a share reservation. From
non-Windows clients, the share reservation may not have deny modes, but the
access modes must be tracked so that conflicting Windows share reservations
with deny modes will be appropriately denied.

The method is simple to implement. I can handle submitting a patch for all the
FSALs that missed this method, will work on that Friday.

Thanks

Frank

> ----- "Frank Filz" <ffilz...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Crud, while working on the documentation for support_ex, just came
> > across a method other folks implementing support_ex missed...
> >
> > There is the possibility that two open2() calls to open by name will
> > race, resulting in two fsal_obj_handle's being created. When the
> > MDCACHE attempts to cache the 2nd entry, it will detect a collision,
> > and then it needs to fix things up so the 2nd object handle can be
> > released.
> >
> > The FSAL is expected to implement the merge() method to accomplish
> > merging the share reservations.
> >
> > FSAL_GLUSTER, FSAL_GPFS, and FSAL_RGW do not implement this
> method...
> >
> > Which means the default that does nothing will be called. This will
> > result in the 2nd share reservation being dropped...
> >
> > This is not good...
> >
> > Frank
> >

> > ---

> --