On 09/08/2017 09:07 AM, William Allen Simpson wrote:
On 9/7/17 10:47 PM, Malahal Naineni wrote:
Last time I tried, I got the same. A thread was waiting in epoll_wait() with 29 second timeout that, it was working after such a timeout.

I have seen the same, after I sped up the work pool shutdown.  The work
pool shutdown will nanosleep 1 second intervals (was 5 seconds) waiting
for that last thread.

I don't know how/why a thread is getting into epoll_wait() during the
window between svc_rqst_shutdown() and work_pool_shutdown(), but that's
what happens sometimes.

Probably need yet another flag in svc_rqst_shutdown().

I'm looking at using an eventfd to wake up threads on shutdown. That way, we can sleep for a long time while polling.

Daniel