On 10/20/17 1:44 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
On 10/20/2017 01:32 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Do you regularly import fixes from the glibc code into libntirpc?

I don't know. That's a question for the ntirpc developers (cc'd)

This isn't a fix "from the glibc code", this is a fix because of a
newly discovered bug in glibc().

Yes, there are other workarounds for changes to glibc code, compared
with ancient library practices....

auth_unix.c:

        /* According to glibc comments, an intervening setgroups(2)
         * call can increase the number of supplemental groups between
         * these two getgroups(2) calls. */

rpc_callmsg.c:

/* in glibc 2.14+ x86_64, memcpy no longer tries to handle overlapping areas,
 * see Fedora Bug 691336 (NOTABUG); we dont permit overlapping segments,
 * so memcpy may be a small win over memmove.
 */