So I have a simple Python script that produces a simple listing of patches
with:

Sha1 ChangeID patch summary

I can run it against any branch.

Now what I'd like to do is take it run against next (having got patches from
V2.3.0..) and then run it against V2.4-stable and V2.5-stable and then with
the next listing as "master" show the commit number (if backported) for each
of the stable branches.

What would also be cool is to be able to have a separate listing of patches
that were explicitly NOT backported and show those (replace sha1 with
something that stands out, maybe some kind of simple reason).

It would be idea to match on ChangeID and if that's not available, patch
summary.

Also what would be good is to have some way to record "this stable patch is
a backport of this next patch or set of patches" for cases where the
backport may have dropped the ChangeID or changed the summary (particularly
applicable if a backport squashes a set of patches - which may sometimes be
appropriate).

The goal here is a quick and simple tool to evaluate for any given stable
branch which patches might be candidates for backport.

Frank

---