Bill,

I have been talking with Matt about one thing that might be easy to do to
improve latency for NFS v4 clients. We do a lookup into a table of clientids
for most operations (anything using a stated for NFS v4.0 and anything in a
session for V4.1+). Most clients will only have one clientid, so if we could
attach the most recently used clientid to the SVCXPRT that could help avoid
some lookups. Similarly, we could do the same for the most-recent non-PSEUDO
export (and provide a fast path to lookup exportid 0 when the client is
navigating the PseudoFS).

I haven't looked at how the SVCXPRT structure has changed, but if there's a
field in there we can attach a Ganesha structure to that would be cool, or
if not, if we could add one.

Thanks

Frank

---