Bill,
The issue is always re-producible for the customer.
In another email chain, I have provided the Ganesha logs, which clearly
indicates the lookup do not goes to FSAL layer to fetch the more current
data if uncached is set to false.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 9:40 PM, William Allen Simpson <
william.allen.simp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/18 6:44 AM, GerritHub wrote:
>
>> Sachin Punadikar has uploaded this change for *review*.
>>
>> View Change <https://review.gerrithub.io/400037>
>>
>> "mdc_lookup" do not dispatch to FSAL
>>
>> Are you sure?  Do you have an actual reproducible error case?
>

> "mdc_lookup" function first attempts to get the entry from cache
>> via function "mdc_try_get_cached". On getting ESATLE error, it
>> should dispatch to FSAL, but was again calling "mdc_try_get_cached".
>> Rectified code to make call to "mdc_lookup_uncached", so FSAL code
>> gets invoked.
>>
>> I'm not the mdcache expert, but don't think this is correct.  The
> comments already explain.
>
> It tries under read lock (fastest).  If stale, it write locks and
> tries again.  If still fails, at the uncached label, then it does
> the mdc_lookup_uncached().
>
> mdc_try_get_cached() is likely faster than mdc_lookup_uncached().

with regards,
Sachin Punadikar