Ok, looked at code a bit...

I'm going to guess someone writing their own FSAL. And not understanding they
need to set op_ctx->fsal_export after they have created their export, though
why FSAL_MDCACHE left fsal_export NULL, I'm not quite sure.

I suppose instead of an assert that fsal_export is non-NULL, we could check and
do a LogFatal there...

But if people are coding their own FSALs, they will generate aborts, which
obviously will get reported to us via Fedora, and not much we can do about it...

Hmm, wonder if it would also call home if in the field it aborted due to out of
memory?

Frank