On 3/27/18 9:34 AM, William Allen Simpson wrote:
On 3/25/18 1:44 PM, William Allen Simpson wrote:
On 3/23/18 1:30 PM, William Allen Simpson wrote:
Ran some apples to apples comparisons today V2.7-dev.5:

Without the client-side rbtrees, rpcping works a lot better:

Thought of a small tweak to the list adding routine, so it doesn't
kick the epoll timer unless the SVCXPRT was added to the end of its
timeout list (a much rarer occurrence, but it could happen).

The numbers don't change much, so I ran more of them.  Not sorted
this time, but you get the gist.  Still seeing a huge improvement
around 1,000, with a rough plateau over 10,000 calls.

I've spent some time trying to figure out the plateau.  Turned out
it was a programming error, a break where it should be a continue.
So all the later entries were timing out, but counted as responses.

Sadly, those higher throughput numbers can be disregarded. :(

In my latest rpcping code, I've added a counter for timeouts.

Happily, the profile shows spending our time in recv() and writev(),
exactly as it should be.  No more 48% of time in rbtree_insert.

Still having a problem with rpcping running to completion.  Needs
more debugging....