Hi,

This is in reference to the discussion we had on the concall.

We were experimenting with the is_superuser API call to allow a user other than
the root to act as super user. This API call is not used by any of the FSALs
currently. When using FSAL VFS, we found out that this mechanism works well in
case of setattr (chown, chgrp, etc). But, all the create calls fail with
permission denied. This is happening because in function vfs_open2, we set the
uid/gid to the creds in op_ctx before calling openat. This brings in the linux
access check into picture and if the superuser is not owner of the parent
directory, this call fails with EACCESS.

Is this expected?

Thanks,
Sriram