This list has been deprecated. Please subscribe to the new devel list at
lists.nfs-ganesha.org.
Hi,

I have AD server configured on windows 2012 server. I joined centos node to
AD using sssd. I configured sssd with fully qualified domain names for
users.
I mounted the nfs4 ganesha's export using krb5.

I create a file from client node logged in as us...@ad.domain.com but when
I do "ls -I" I see below entries where as I expect the owner to be
us...@ad.domain.com

  -rw-r--r-- 1         4294967294            4294967294 0 Aug  1 23:12 file1

I see the below error in ganesha logs:

  nfs_req_creds :Could not map principal us...@ad.domain.com to uid

I further went ahead and used nfs4_set_debug() to get more logs and found
the below in ganesha logs when principal2uid() is called:

  nfs4_gss_princ_to_ids: calling nsswitch->princ_to_ids

  nss_getpwnam: name 'us...@ad.domain.com' domain '(null)': resulting
localname 'user1'

  nfs4_gss_princ_to_ids: nsswitch->princ_to_ids returned -2

  nfs4_gss_princ_to_ids: final return value is -2

Relevant entries in my idmap.conf:

   [General]

  Domain = ad.domain.com

  [Translation]

  Method = nsswitch

The same setup works if I disable fully qualified domain names from sssd.

Is there a way to use other methods like umich_ldap and get Fully qualified
AD domain  running with nfs4 ganesha?
Can you please list the steps I need to follow on order to do that?

Thanks,
Sri Krishna