This list has been deprecated. Please subscribe to the new devel list at
lists.nfs-ganesha.org.
Hi All

CentOS 7.5
nfs-ganesha-2.6.3-1.el7.x86_64
nfs-ganesha-vfs-2.6.3-1.el7.x86_64
libntirpc-1.6.3-1.el7.x86_64

My Ganesha service crashed and the following was echoed to my kernel log:

ganesha.nfsd[28752]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp 00007ff9a2af8458
> error 14 in ganesha.nfsd[559170ef3000+1a4000]

Nothing in my ganesha.log

These are the log settings from my ganesha.conf:

LOG {
>         ## Default log level for all components
>         Default_Log_Level = DEBUG;
>
>         ## Configure per-component log levels.
>         #Components {
>                 #FSAL = INFO;
>                 #NFS4 = EVENT;
>         #}
>
>         ## Where to log
>         Facility {
>                 name = FILE;
>                 destination = "/var/log/ganesha.log";
>                 enable = active;
>         }
> }

This is an example of one of my exports (they're all Nfsv3 with VFS FSAL):

EXPORT
> {
>         Export_Id = 80;
>         Path = /mnt/dir;
>         Pseudo = /mnt/dir;
>         Access_Type = RW;
>         Protocols = 3;
>         Transports = TCP;
>         Squash = no_root_squash;
>         Disable_ACL=False;
>         Filesystem_Id = 101.1;
>         CLIENT {
>            Clients = *;
>            Squash = None;
>            Access_Type = RW;
>         }
>         FSAL {
>               Name = VFS;
>          }
> }

The exports are mounted on CentOS 7.4 clients with autofs-5.0.7 and
nfs-utils-1.3.0-0.48.el7_4.x86_64

This crashed occurred approx 2 hours after I increased the number of
clients accessing the server by approx five clients, don't know if that's
related

Could someone help me troubleshoot this please?

Many thanks
David