Hi Sergey,

> I don't think this is a good idea to change the default behaviour
> for the directive we have for a long-long time.

But it's arguably a wrong behavior, and keeping it forever wrong
because of a decision made ~20 years ago, doesn't seem like
a particularly great idea.

Also, while I'm usually all for retaining backward-compatibility,
I cannot imagine this breaking anything.

> It's always possible
> to set `server_tokens off;' in the configuration file.

Right, but if you require majority of users to change the defaults,
then those defaults are not very good.

> Also, this change is required a corresponding change in the
> documentation on the nginx.org website.

I'm happy to submit the corresponding change if the patch
is accepted.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora